What is a Ductless Heat Pump?
Heating and cooling your home with maximum efficiency is a challenge. Homeowners in Cranberry, Beaver, Pittsburgh, McCandless, Ross Park, and Wexford are well aware of the challenging climate. However, a ductless heat pump can help maximize the efficiency of your home while providing more comfort and clean energy.
Ductless mini-split systems are becoming more and more attractive to homeowners. This system has a ductless heat pump on the outside connected by a line set. It then flows into an air handler that is installed in the interior of the home.
Since these systems are mounted right on your wall, they take up a lot less space than a conventional heating system—which can take up a significant portion of your basement. Since this unit delivers air directly into the room where it’s installed, it eliminates the need for heating or cooling your entire home. Up to eight units can be installed at the same time, giving you precise temperature control when you need it the most. Connection for these units is easy, and it only requires a small, three-inch pipe to join the interior and exterior units together.
Why Should Homeowners Choose a System with a Ductless Heat Pump?
There are many reasons why homeowners would choose this alternative over a conventional heating and cooling.
- A mini-split system is very easy to install. This makes it a cost-effective solution for heating and cooling your home. If you need to upgrade your existing HVAC but the price is leaving you bankrupt, the mini-split system may be a better alternative for you.
- Ductless heat pumps are a great solution for homes or businesses that use baseboard heating, electrical wall or space heaters.
- The small size makes it the perfect option for apartments, condominiums, and office spaces.
- Ductless heat pumps require significantly less energy output than conventional heating and cooling systems. Its clean energy helps reduce your carbon footprint. According to Energy Star, ductless heating can use 60% less of the required energy of traditional electric heating systems.
Ductless Heating vs. Conventional: Which is Right for You?
The installation of a new heating system isn’t one to take lightly. While there is a cost factor involved, there is also the thought about clean energy, comfort, and saving money on utility bills.
However, the truth is that there is still a significant number of homes in Pittsburgh’s region using traditional heating and cooling. People choose conventional because it is an easy choice, and people feel comfortable operating this unit throughout the year. But how do you choose which is right for you?
- Are your energy bills skyrocketing during the summer and winter? If your exterior components such as windows and doors are updated, a ductless heating system can improve your home’s efficiency. Simply removing the ducts of a heating system can help save you save approximately 30% on heating and cooling bills.
- Is your home consistently uncomfortable? If you’re tired of being too hot or too cold, you may have poor temperature regulation throughout your home. Since ductless heat pumps are confined to one room, you can pick the right temperature for maximum comfort.
- Do you want to improve air quality in your home? Forced-air systems circulate existing contaminants in your home. Not to mention, damp ducts can even grow or circulate mold. You’ll find that these issues become problems of the past when you choose ductless heating.
Now is the time to improve the efficiency of your home and increase comfort. Contact us today to learn more.
A Comfort Service provides comfort to homes in Cranberry, Beaver, Pittsburgh, McCandless, Ross Park, and Wexford. A Comfort Service is a Trane Comfort Specialist, Mitsubishi Diamond Dealer, and York Certified Comfort Expert. Keep your air warm and healthy this fall! Support is available 24/7 at A Comfort Service – contact us today!